House Manager Duties & responsibilities
Diary Management and communication;
- Ensuring team has daily update on what lies ahead -ensuring family are kept up to date regularly with any issues and progress on getting issues resolved.
- Planning ahead with a 2-week rota.
First point of contact for all visitors and contractors;
- Meet and greet all visitors by providing a personal welcome.
- Ensuring meeting spaces and the client facing areas are always presentable and any faults or issues are reported in a timely manner and are dealt with asap.
- Ensuring transportation is arranged for all guests as required
Ensure the house is appropriately stocked;
- Carrying out periodic audits of household stock items.
- Ensure each room is appropriately stocked.
- Ordering all cleaning materials to enable the team to undertake their roles.
Project Management of House Maintenance;
- Maintaining and updating household manuals.
- Scheduling home maintenance and repair work and supervising the project and any contractors on site.
- Ensuring projects remain on track.
- Supervision of other household staff, such as housekeepers, private chefs, groundsman.
- Manage and maintain correct staffing levels at all times, planning for holidays and sicknesses.
- Assisting housekeeping team with cleaning duties and overseeing their work to ensure house is maintained to the highest standards.
- Must have private household experience
- Longevity in previous roles
- Must have manged a team
- Must be willing to roll up their sleeves and get involved
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of organisation to be able to manage complex schedules and keep all relevant parties updated
- Applications from those from military backgrounds are warmly received
Salary dependant on experience