This wonderful role will be working for a couple based at their exquisite country home in Oxfordshire.
The role is Live-In with accommodation provided in the form of an independent property within the grounds.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure the efficient running and presentation of the residence. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organised, adaptable and pro-active, with an excellent eye for detail. This role would be ideally suited to a single professional with no commitments. As a person, you will need to be confident, have great communication skills and be able to integrate seamlessly within the dynamic of the home. You must be able to drive and ideally have your own mode of transport as the house is in a rural location.
Your working week will be Thursday – Monday and flexibility will be required to accommodate the schedule of the Principal’s.
- Full responsibility for the cleanliness of the home and interior furniture
- Take care of fine fabrics and upholstery by using specialist cleaning products
- Ensure the house is always stocked and well provisioned, informing the principals of items that need ordering etc.
- Manage the laundry, including washing, ironing, organising any dry cleaning and wardrobe management
- Ensure the beds are beautifully made each morning and turned down in the evening
- Be on hand to offer help and co-ordination when the Principals are entertaining
- Prepare breakfast set up each morning and assist with formal table set ups
- Occasionally prepare light meals and be on hand to make breakfast requests
- Answer the telephone and front door
- Refresh rooms throughout the day and after use
- Prepare and light the open fires in the winter months
- Ensure all communal areas including the outside areas are continually presentable and the pool area is set up each morning in the summer months
- Supervise any scheduled maintenance contractors
- Keep the property secure at all times and alarm all buildings each evening
- Keep accurate receipts for any petit cash or debit card purchasing
- Be on hand to help with ad-hoc requests and serve occasional refreshments throughout the day
- Assist and care for two very friendly dogs
Interviews will be scheduled in early September.
Salary £32-35k per annum. Accommodation provided, including all bills.