This weekend Housekeeping role will be working for a family who have multiple properties, one in Central London and the other in rural Oxfordshire.
This role will cover both properties and you will be required to travel with the Principal depending on where they are residing at the weekend.
Whilst working in the London residence, the role is Live-out and you will commute daily to the property where you will work alone. When you are required to work at the country home in Oxfordshire, accommodation will be provided for you and you will be working alongside the Head Housekeeper.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure the efficient running and presentation of the principal’s home. The ideal candidate will be extremely well organised, adaptable and pro-active, with an excellent eye for detail. You will need to be confident, have great communication skills and be able to integrate seamlessly within the dynamic of the home.
You must have experience of working within a private home and be comfortable with taking direction. Due to the rural location of the country residence, a full driving licence and owning their own vehicle would be beneficial, although it is not essential to the role.
The role will be working Saturday & Sunday and will include caring for and servicing both family and guests. It will be especially necessary to have the skills and experience to work at a fast pace. There are often guests staying at the Oxfordshire residence which could include up to 30 people. Their comfort is paramount. You must be confident in dealing with both family and guests, with laying and clearing tables, serving and entertaining throughout the day.
You must all be comfortable around dogs as feeding and occasional walking may be required.
There is also the possibility of occasional overtime at ad-hoc points throughout the year.
- Full responsibility for the cleanliness of the home and interior furniture
- Take care of fine fabrics and upholstery by using specialist cleaning products
- Assist with the laundry, including washing, ironing, organising any dry cleaning and wardrobe management
- Ensure the beds are beautifully made each morning and turned down in the evening
- Be on hand to offer help and co-ordination when the Principals are entertaining
- Prepare breakfast set up each morning and assist with table set ups for lunch and dinner
- Be comfortable helping with service at mealtimes
- Answer the telephone and front door
- Refresh rooms throughout the day after use
- Prepare and light the open fires in the winter months
- Ensure all communal areas are continually presentable
- Be on hand to help with ad-hoc requests
This fantastic role will commence ASAP